Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 days detox killer !! Raw foods and no tea

Ok,so I have not informed you that I have done a 7 day detox to refresh my mental vitality and to clean my body from a lot of junk I have been eating. Since I came to Saudi I picked up a whopping 5 kg!!! At the age that I am I know that I better fix that or it will be a down hill from there on. It is easy to pick up weight in Saudi. Firstly, the food is so damn good! Secondly, I hardly walk anywhere. The only time I walk, is to my bedroom and to the kitchen, so no exercise. The weather is never good enough to do anything sporty. It is either too hot or too cold.

I decided to first clean my body before I attempt any kind of diet or even do exercise. So the first day for breakfast I drank one full cup of hot water with lemon. Then it was raw foods. What I mean by raw foods I mean, just salad. Yes, for 7 days I lived on salad. I always made sure that my portions were small but filling enough to last me the whole day.
I don't drink tea anymore (sad face) and I cut out coffee completely. I suffered from severe head aches from not having any caffeine or carbs for a week. However, my body pulled through. My body pulled through so much that it got a shock yesterday when I ate some carbs. I felt like crap. So I am back to eating lots of vegetables and most of them are raw.
I am on this particular diet to decrease the sugar levels in my blood. I don't even use sugar anymore. I just use honey...sparingly.
So far I have lost 1 kilograms from this detox. Now I am eating "normal" again. So far I ate a small serving of yogurt with spinach cooked in tomato and eggplant. I have to say it was delicious.
I am not intending to be vegetarian, since I am African, I simply can't live without meat!!. I mean it, meat is my lifeline.

This is my second week in to this program and tomorrow I will start jogging about and do regular exercise.
I want to reach my goal of losing about 10 kg for starters.
I just want to feel happy in the skin that I am in and not squeeze my body into my clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment